The Achievement Center believes that for many prospective students, college is the right environment to continue toward employment, begin the process of lifelong learning, approach a single topic of interest and many other valid goals that should be equally available to all adults within our community.
- Because learning is life-long
- Because navigating college is a blueprint for navigating life
- Because choice in what and how to learn is most available in the collegiate environment
- Because college is more than classes; it is interests, personal connections and civic engagement
- Because interpersonal skills learned in college translate to those used in career life
- Because college means greater student-centered choices
- Because college provides time and space to plan your life and career goals alongside your peers
- Because the choice to attend college should be equally possible across the spectrum of abilities
- Because more and more young adults and non-traditional aged students with intellectual disabilities want it
For information about 'Why college?', please click here to view an article from www.thinkcollege.net.